Monday, May 14, 2018

Mission Pattaya: Thailand Support Letter




Friends & family,

I am beyond thrilled to announce that I have been given the incredible opportunity to go on another mission trip this coming summer to Pattaya, Thailand. I am going with a team of three other women from our church (Legacy Christian Church of Lakeland, FL)  & we will be working closely with local missionaries Don & Judi Stinnett as well as several other organizations associated with Mission Pattaya.

We'll be leaving for our trip on July 17 (which is quickly approaching!) and getting back August 2nd.

During the two weeks we are there we will be very busy reaching people with all kinds of different needs from all sorts of backgrounds. One of the places we'll be spending quite a bit of time is at the Tamar Center that serves as a sort of safe haven for girls who are trying to get off the streets. At the Tamar center the girl's are housed, fed, counseled, and are taught a trade with the goal of being able to start their own business as a means to support themselves fully. We will also be doing outreach ministry on the bar streets in which we'll have the opportunity to share about the Tamar center as well as the redemptive love & transforming power of Jesus to all those we encounter there. We will be be asked to teach, share our personal testimonies, and serve throughout the different ministries there in Pattaya and surrounding areas including English camps, health clinics, group bible studies, counseling sessions and a sort of vacation bible school for the migrant children of the Cambodian refugees. I know God is going to do incredible things both in & through us while we are there!


The total cost of this trip is $2,550 which includes our airfare, food, & lodging while in Thailand. Our church commits to paying for 1/3 of the cost of our mission trips so I already have $850 covered. Then, as a team, we fundraise another 1/3 of the cost which we are in the process of & have quite a bit covered, as well. That leaves me responsible to personally raise support for the final 1/3 of $850. I have no doubt in my mind that God can & will provide all of the needs that are to be met in order for this trip to take place, & I would love for you to join me in the process as I step out in faith!

I am so excited to see what all God has in store for this trip & all of those involved. I know it will challenge, stretch, & grow me spiritually as well as emotionally so I am asking for your prayers as the team & I prepare our hearts & minds for all that is to come. Please consider embarking on this journey alongside me by partnering with me through your support-- both financial & otherwise. It would mean so much to me, be so helpful & so greatly appreciated. If you feel led to give please make checks payable to "Legacy Christian Church" & write "Thailand Mission Trip" followed by name in the memo section. Thanks so much in advance, friends. Can't wait to share with you all the mighty ways in which I know he will have moved both leading up to & during our trip to Thailand. Much love to you all & God bless! <3




No comments:

Post a Comment